Being an Introvert with Social Butterfly Children
My husband and I are both introverts. Let me clarify a little, so you understand the depth of our fondness for peace and tranquility.
- We don’t talk to our neighbors. We lived in the country for 12 years and didn’t know the names of any of our neighbors
- We don’t hang out with people. I don’t remember the last time that we went out with anyone that wasn’t family and we rarely go out with family.
- When we go to church, we sit on the back row and leave as soon as it is over.
- We loved to sit at home and have horror movie marathons and watch our designated TV shows.
- We belong to 0 community or social groups.
- We don’t answer the phone.
On the flip side, we have 3 children who are social butterflies.
- The kids have to talk to every person that walks by our home.
- If they see someone at a park, that is their new best friend, i.e., my middle child yells, “I love you”, any time a young girl goes by. He’s only 6 years old.
- When we see one of their friends, we have to roll down the window and yell out to them.
- The more people at an event; the more they want to go.
Our home has a large yard and the kids have a lot of toys, so we are the cool house that everyone wants to come and hang out at. However, any time someone stops by our home, my husband wants to move. He hates all the chaos. Especially if we are trying to do some work around the house. We have to stop and watch the kids and it is hard enough to keep track of our 3.
I feel a little differently about it. I still need plenty of quiet time, but I do enjoy the fact that the kids have so many playmates. I was an only child that lived in the country. I like that living in town and having lots of friends is something that my kids get to enjoy. I think they will have great memories of living in town. If we survive!
How did you grow up? Do you want the same experiences for your children or are you doing something different?
Check out my FREE Mini Course on Eliminating Mommy Guilt!
#introvertwithsocialbutterflychildren #busychildren #eliminatemommyguilt #timeandenegy #tipsfortheoverwhelmedandexhausted #adviceformothers #advicewithatwist
Join the newsletter
Sign up for my newsletter and keep up on all things mommy.