5 Reasons Mothers Have Self-Doubt
5 Reasons Mothers Have Self-Doubt:
1. Past Experiences – You tried to bake and decorate that birthday cake your son begged for on his birthday. However, it ended up looking like a big pile of green and brown poo.
Quick Fix: Do the cake with the bulldozer and scooper thing. You get to dig a big hole in one side of the cake to cover up the part that got stuck in the pan. It’s supposed to look like a construction site, so it is a win-win. Throw a bunch of chocolate frosting and candy on top and you’re a hero!
2. Childhood Upbringing – When you were growing up, you were never taught how to organize. Your mother did all the scheduling, paperwork, and keeping up with the house. She was too OCD to let you help. Now, you’re in a serious pickle and don’t think you can figure out how to keep your household afloat. You can’t even boil an egg.
Quick Fix: Google it. With help, you can figure out how to do anything!
3. Comparison – This one is probably the biggest one. You look at the mothers picking up their kids at daycare or school and wonder how in the world they get their kiddos to: listen, brush the tangles out of their hair, and wear pants. You find yourself looking at someone else and wondering why they can do something and you can’t.
Quick Fix: Stop comparing yourself to others. Sure, you might be a hot mess when it comes to getting your daughter to brush her hair, but you’re rockin’ it in the keeping your kiddos from killing each other department. Not to mention, you don’t know what that mom is thinking she sucks at doing. There’s something. There’s always something. No one is without kryptonite!
4. New Challenges – You’re a first time mother and you can’t figure out how to burp your baby and everyone else in the world surely knows how to do it.
Quick Fix: I told you to stop looking at that other mom. She doesn’t have it all put together! It’s possible that your kid doesn’t burp as much as others. Try for a few moments and then move on. If she doesn’t spit up, you’re golden. If she does, try it again when she drinks some more. You’ll get this.
5. Previous Success – You’ve delivered a great product before. Oh, here it is. Drum roll. Fear of failure again. You did an amazing job at telling stories about your kids and someone from a major blog wants to share your work. Why do you want to turn them down? Because you’re afraid of failure? Someone disagreeing with you? Being known?
Quick Fix: You are stronger than you think. You are more interesting than you think. Be prepared to face new challenges and don’t give up.
Check out my FREE Mini Couse on Eliminating Mommy Guilt!
#eliminatemommyguilt #whymommyhasselfdoubt #dontgiveup #timeandenergy #fearoffailure #pinterestfails #advicewithatwist #mommytips #adviceformommy #empowermentformothers #howtogetyourchildtodoanythingseries #eliminateworry #timemanagement #thebusyworkingmothersguides
Photo by Misael Nevarez on Unsplash
Join the newsletter
Sign up for my newsletter and keep up on all things mommy.