10 Signs You Have Mommy Guilt
How do you know that you suffer from mommy guilt?
It’s not something that you can type into the symptom checker on WebMD and get an accurate diagnosis.
Wouldn’t life be easy if it was like typing in-ankle is red and swollen; sore to the touch; can’t put weight on it.
Did you fall from the same level?
Yes. I tripped over my pajama pants.
Is it twisted?
Why, yes. I did twist it.
Then, you must have a twisted ankle.
Well, it is that easy to identify mommy guilt. If you answer yes, to 6 out of the next 10 questions, then you’ve got it. Simple. Right? Right.
- Do/did you stress over when to potty train your child due to pressure by others or the feeling that you were doing something because your child wasn’t potty trained yet?
- Do you worry that you are a bad parent because you allow your child to play with electronics or watch TV?
- Do you agonize over how to prepare the perfect holiday or other event for your children?
- Do you fret over extra curricular activities and when and how often they should participate?
- Do you blame yourself when your child gets in trouble in school or daycare?
- Do you feel bad when someone questions your parenting choices?
- Do you feel inadequate when you can’t provide something to your children that their friend’s parents do for their kids?
- Do you spend money or give extra dessert to your children to make up for time that you don’t spend with them?
- Do you question the decisions you make when disciplining your children?
- Do you worry that your children will get mad at you if you tell them no?
If you answered yes to at least 6 out of 10 of these questions, you have mommy guilt.
Carrying around all this guilt is sucking your time and energy. You are likely riddled with worry as you question and doubt yourself. It needs to stop.
Check out my free mini course on guilt if you’d like to experience confidence in making decisions and improved behavior from your children. You will thrive with reduced mommy guilt!
Check out my FREE Mini Course on Eliminating Mommy Guilt!
#eliminatemommyguilt #10signsyouhavemommyguilt #guiltisatimesuck #ridmommyguilt #empowermentformothers #timeandenergy #tipsfortheoverwhelmedandexhausted #adviceformothers #advicewithatwist
Join the newsletter
Sign up for my newsletter and keep up on all things mommy.