10 Signs that You Need to Declutter
Here is a quick list to help you determine if you are in need of some decluttering.
- You can’t get into your son’s dresser drawer because it is too full. When you finally tug it open without pulling it over on yourself, you are unable to find a pair of jeans without holes in the knees.
- You promised yourself on the first day of school that you would not keep very many pieces of your child’s school papers. However, it is now the end of the school year and you aren’t able to shove another page into the basket and your now keeping painted “I love you” signs from the random girls that have crushes on your son. Hello. Their moms should be hoarding that stuff!
- You look in your refrigerator and find 2 large half used containers of apple juice and 5 smaller bottles of apple juice.
- When you open your bathroom cabinets to find your nail clippers, you have to pull out 3 baskets of hygiene supplies to get to the right one that happens to be filled with travel toothpastes from the last 3 years your kids have had school dentist visits, nail polish remover that you haven’t worn in 10 years, and all of the containers filled with your children’s teeth that the tooth fairy supposedly took. You are so going to get busted some day.
- You had an auction when you downsized to move into a smaller home but, still had to rent 2 storage lockers for your junk. Now, you’ve moved it to your basement and can’t figure out why you kept any of it. And, you still can’t get rid of it.
- Your children have so many toys that you are finishing the basement so you can toss them all downstairs.
- You have clothes in your closet that you’ve ever worn and some of them are gaudy. Why did you buy that blue shirt, that looks like a prison jumpsuit, in the first place?
- You go in the pantry to make a pumpkin pie and open up a can of sweetened condensed milk only to discover it is chunky. The can is 10 years old. Yikes!
- You have an entire cabinet of plastic bags from buying groceries. Need I say more?
- You have clothes piled 3 foot high on a chair that need to be ironed. Funny! You don’t even an iron.
- There is so much junk in your garage that you can’t even park your vehicle inside. You still have to scrape ice off the windshield and pray that it doesn’t hail in the springtime. All while your broken-down used furniture, half used box of shingles, and dust covered exercise equipment remain snug as a bug in a rug inside away from the elements.
If this sounds like you, you might want to check out my busy, working mother’s guide to decluttering book on Amazon!
https://www.amazon.com/Decluttering-Parenthood-Overwhelmed-Exhausted-Management-ebook/dp/B06XT25RHG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493263000&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=decluttering+nicolle+lowery (just copy and paste)
Ewwww. Yuck! Now she’s shamelessly plugging her book.
Yep! I am and proud of it. I think it is a good and helpful book. At least the voices in my head say it is.
Best wishes for time and energy!
Check out my FREE Mini Course on Empowerment for Mothers – Reclaim Yourself!
#timeandenergy #timemanagement #decluttering #empowermentformothers #reclaimyourself #cuttheclutter #tipsfortheoverwhelmedandexhasuted #adviceformothers
Join the newsletter
Sign up for my newsletter and keep up on all things mommy.